American Innovations Corrosion Scholarship
This scholarship was created to recognize outstanding students who are interested in pursuing a career in the field of corrosion technology, science or engineering and who have a demonstrated need for assistance in order to complete their degree. AMPP will award up to two (2) scholarships in the amount of $1,000 on behalf of American Innovations (AI).
1. Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants must be enrolled full time in an undergraduate program at an accredited, 2-year degree-granting college or university located in the U.S.
- Applicants must be pursuing a career as a technician or engineer related to corrosion or corrosion control. Scholarship winners shall have a serious interest in full-time professional employment in the corrosion industry upon graduation and shall show promise of a productive future as a technically trained professional. Preference will be given to candidates interested in applying technology to the field of corrosion control.
- Students enrolled in 2-year or junior colleges are eligible to apply.
- 4 year degree-seeking students, Graduate and Post-doctorate students are not eligible.
2. Candidate Evaluation
The following information should be included for review by the Selection Committee:
- Completed Application
- Academic transcript
- Two (2) Recommendation Forms from educators or employers familiar with applicants background
- Supplemental Essay Question(s)
3. Travel Assistance Stipend
The recipient of the American Innovations Corrosion Scholarship is eligible to receive a travel stipend in order to subsidize their travel to AMPP Annual Conference + Expo and be recognized in-person at the Scholarship Awards Ceremony. Attendance at the Scholarship Awards Ceremony is mandatory in order to receive the stipend. Travel Assistance will be available for pick-up at the conference Registration area during designated times the following Wednesday.
4. Application Guidelines
In addition to the information above, please be sure to review the General Scholarship Guidelines. Applicants must meet all Scholarship Eligibility Requirements and answer all required essay questions.