AMPP Four Corners Chapter Scholarship
This scholarship was created to recognize outstanding students in the San Juan Basin who are interested in pursuing a career in the field of corrosion science and engineering. AMPP will award one (1) scholarship in the amount of $2,500 on behalf of the AMPP Four Corners Chapter Scholarship.
1. Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate science and/or engineering program related to the study of corrosion or corrosion control at an accredited college or university.
- Applicants must attend a college/university that lies within the geographic boundaries of the AMPP Four Corners Chapter Scholarship (New Mexico or Colorado).
- Students enrolled in 2-year or junior colleges are eligible to apply.
2. Candidate Evaluation
The following information should be included for review by the Selection Committee:
- Completed Application
- Academic transcript
- Two (2) Recommendation Forms from educators or employers familiar with applicants background
3. Travel Assistance Stipend
The recipient of the AMPP Four Corners Chapter Academic Scholarship is eligible to receive a travel stipend in order to subsidize their travel to AMPP Annual Conference + Expo and be recognized in-person at the Scholarship Awards Ceremony. Attendance at the Scholarship Awards Ceremony is mandatory in order to receive the stipend. Travel Assistance will be available for pick-up at the conference Registration area during designated times the following Wednesday.
4. Application Guidelines
In addition to the information above, please be sure to review the General Scholarship Guidelines. Applicants must meet all Scholarship Eligibility Requirements and answer all required essay questions.