AMPP Academic Scholarship
AMPP EMERG will provide up to (5) five scholarships in the amount of $5,000 each to undergraduate students interested in the study of corrosion or corrosion control.
1. Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate program engaged in science and/or engineering related to the study of corrosion or corrosion control at an accredited college or university.
- Students enrolled in 2-year or junior colleges are eligible to apply.
- Post-doctorate students are not eligible.
2. Candidate Evaluation
The following information should be included for review by the Selection Committee:
- Completed Application
- Academic transcript, including description of grading system for student performance
- Two (2) Recommendation Forms from educators or employers familiar with applicants background
3. Travel Assistance Stipend
The recipient of the AMPP Academic Scholarship is eligible to receive a travel stipend in order to subsidize their travel to AMPP Annual Conference + Expo and be recognized in-person at the Scholarship Awards Ceremony. Attendance at the Scholarship Awards Ceremony is mandatory in order to receive the stipend. Travel Assistance will be available for pick-up at the conference Registration area during designated times the following Wednesday.
4. Application Guidelines
In addition to the information above, please be sure to review the General Scholarship Guidelines. Applicants must meet all Scholarship Eligibility Requirements and answer all required essay questions.